Even though the Church has a thousand problems, the Church is still vitally important for every Christian, the Community and the World at large. Hence, for any Church you have chosen to be part of – whether it is Christ Embassy, Christ Apostolic Church and so on, you should love your Church as Christ loves the Church. Loving your church is about so much more than how you feel each Sunday. It’s a conscious decision we make to be present, to encourage those around us and to pray for our ministers, because we are all members of the body of Christ.
So, in a sea of anti-church blog posts and Twitter rants, here are FIVE ways you can love your Church. They are:
1. Extend your church the same grace you give yourself: The truth is that the church, your church that you go to on Sundays, has flaws. Some are rather obvious. Some might be embarrassing. But if they are preaching the gospel, sharing the Word, and have a genuine sense of community, then why not give your church the same grace you want to receive?
2. Be intentional and dependable: Churches depend on volunteer effort. Without active members regularly giving their time and energy, the church simply can’t function. Here is what can make your church function at optimum levels–you’re faithfulness and dependability. Be on time every week for services. If you sign up for a job, take it as seriously as you would your other obligations. And do it well. You have no idea how precious you’re gift of faithfulness is to a church.
3. Speak well of your church in the community: How do you speak of your church in the community? Do you regularly rag on it’s faults? When you’re out and about, speak well of your church and the people there. Invite folks to the functions. Post positive things on social networks like Facebook or Twitter. You might even blog about it. If Jesus is the groom and the Church is the bride, then Jesus must love when we say nice things about the Church.
4. Pray for those in leadership: Even if you’re finding the sermons at your church hard to understand or dull, pray for your minister! Even if the band is consistently out of tune, pray for them! Even if the coffee is always cold, pray for those providing food. Don’t pray that God would fix the problems you perceive, but pray in thanks for providing these people, pray that you would all continue to encourage and strengthen one another, and pray that he would help you to love them the way he loved you.
5. Give regularly to your church: Yes, you should give out of the love in your heart toward God. And no, you shouldn’t give simply because the church needs money. But, let’s be honest, the church needs money. So, be biblical, and commit to sustained, regular giving that the church can count on. This shows you are committed to the growth and development of your church.
Liking your Church can be a challenge, but no matter what is going on, you can always love your church. Show love for your Church by creating beautiful designs on merchandise on our website. And if by any chance you are a member of Harvesters, visit our website https://www.suvenia.com/store/harvesters/shop to check out some beautiful Harvesters designs and merchandise that you can rock to your church.