Entrepreneur: It may be easy to get caught up in the startup and entrepreneurship buzz, however, it is going to take a lot more to start your own venture and keep your head above the water.
Wondering what it takes? Pay heed to the words of some of the finest African entrepreneurs.
- “To build a successful business, you must start small and dream big. In the journey of entrepreneurship, tenacity of purpose is supreme”. — Aliko Dangote, Dangote group, Nigeria
- “The reality is that our competitors have always outspent us, but we’ve still executed better than them. Hence, I’m sure money is not the sole determinant factor of providing a better service or product. — Nnamdi Chineme, Nigeria Property Centre, Nigeria
- I am guided each day by these three questions: ‘What are you fixing?’ ‘What are you making?’ and ‘Who are you helping? — Juliana Rotich, Ushahidi, Kenya
- Everything is possible. Impossible just takes a little longer.” — Wendy Ackerman, Pick n Pay SouthAfrica
- The harder you work, the luckier you get. — Mike Adenuga, Nigeria
- True success is about a passion to create a better world– live a life that you can look back on and be truly proud of — Dr. Ola Orekunrin, Flying Doctors, Nigeria.
- “It’s crucial to listen to your customers. Deliver on time and don’t overpromise or underpromise or overpromise and underdeliver. I learnt to run my business very efficiently. It’s also important that you communicate and be responsive.” — Nkemdilim Begho, Future Software Resources Limited, Nigeria
- “If I had worried about everything that could go wrong, I would never have started. Sometimes, you just need to take a leap of faith.” — Ken Njoroge of Cellulant, Kenya
- “Dreaming is good. But now your dream must be profitable. For example, you cannot find investors who will put funds in your project without them seeing the potential for profitability.” – Olivier Madiba, founder of Kiro’o Games in Cameroon
- “Focus on making your product or service awesome. I see a lot of guys go into business with a ‘how can I make money’ approach. But if you go in there saying ‘how can I make something awesome’, the money will follow.” – Alex Fourie, iFix, South Africa
Are you an entrepreneur or are you aspiring to be one? you need inspirational and motivational words to get you going. We at Suvenia.com have beautiful designs on merchandise with motivational words inscribed on them and you can also head up to our website www.suvenia.com to create a watch word that pleases you.
Visit our website https://www.suvenia.com/store/leapafrica/shop to check out the store and be sure to place an order today!